Friday, November 2, 2007

Welcome!


First blog post and I wonder to myself... what makes me think that anyone... ANYONE... would ever want to read my random thoughts. Oh well, I suppose it is therapeutic.

I recently started running... no really, serious running. I'm wanting to run in the Texas Half in February and the Texas Marathon in April. My goal... to run in the Boston Marathon next year. But I'm not telling anyone I know about my plan. It's not that I fear failure or ridicule... I just look at this as a competition against myself. Can I motivate myself to hit this goal? We'll see. And I'm going to share my experiences here, posting my weekly long runs like this:



Today was a 3 mile "easy run". I started running on 9/24/07 after I bought an iPod Nano and pair of Nike+ running shoes. After a month of regular running, I'm hooked on the feeling of running out that last mile of speedwork or finishing a 90-minute 8-mile run.

I'm overweight... 210 lbs on a 5'10" frame. I'm hoping that the running program will help me drop the weight I want.

More to come!

No comments: